Don’t Keep Buying Bright Shiny Objects!
I have to hand it to some of these marketing gurus; they know how to market their own stuff. They intentionally set out to attract people who are new, naïve or struggling by using the most persuasive words. They make statements that get you all excited, but when you’ve paid your money and you’re still not getting anywhere they blame you for being lazy or not spending even more money on their “secret” methods and “amazing” tools.
They spend thousands of dollars hiring slick copywriters to build sales and landing pages that are as sticky as flypapers. If you don’t buy now you’ll NEVER get this chance again!! And then there’s all the one-time expensive “vital” up-sells, you MUST have to be successful. You sweat and stare at the screen biting your nails. But if you say NO, you still can’t leave!
But what if you did find the most informative, best-ever network marketing guru course? And your inbox is full of hot leads every morning and people are beating down your door to join your team.
If you don’t have the right attitude and the right product, it will all be for nothing. All you’ll end up with is a box of stuff you didn’t really want and a big fat hole in your bank account.
Find the Right Opportunity
Mention network marketing to a lot of people and they’ll admit they’ve tried it or know someone else who has. Like choosing a chocolate you didn’t like. I won’t try that again! Why? There are plenty of other flavors in that 5-pound box!
If you venture to ask about the product or the company they joined, a couple of sentences in you’ll know it was the wrong product or they joined a company with a poor reputation (or they made no effort).
And the “Secret” Ingredient is… You!
Network marketing companies cannot make a profit without successful distributors. Period. If you join an opportunity and it doesn’t work and you’ve put in your best efforts, you’ve probably chosen the wrong company or product. The beauty of working in network marketing is you can find something else – and the sooner the better. You haven’t failed you’ve learned. Chalk it up to experience.
You have to believe in what you’re selling. If you don’t you’ll never be able to come across as being honest (or sleep well) and you’ll never be able to build a strong, successful team of like-minded people. Try the product, compare its quality and price with other products on the market BEFORE you sign up.
What’s a Good Product for me?
The first thing to remember is you’re going to eat, breathe ,dream, talk about, advertise and write about your product for years, if you want to be successful. Don’t ever choose a product because you’ve been told you can make “tons of money”. You won’t if you hate it.
- Choose something you love, something fun or something you know well. If you’re sociable and like entertaining, choose a product you can use as a basis for a home parties. People are increasingly isolated these days and home parties are making a comeback.
- Choose a product that’s evergreen. That’s something that people need now and will in the future. Not the latest electronic gadget or fad.
- Make sure the product is equal or better quality than those readily available in stores. If it costs less, that’s a bonus, but it must be affordable.
- Know your product. Use it, abuse it. Know its qualities and shortcomings.
- Check out the company thoroughly. What ongoing training do they offer? How’s their customer service?
- Is their compensation plan easy to understand and will you be able to build a good income over time?
- Can you easily duplicate the system, so that just about anyone can understand it?
- Is it easy to market, talk and write about, online and off?
- Here we repeat – it must be affordable. You’re going to put a great deal of effort into building a team but if the product isn’t readily affordable, people will leave as fast as you can recruit them.
- With the right product you can be selective about who you recruit and you’ll be able to spend more time with your core team. You must be there to help them; working to make them more productive is the best investment you can make. With a solid team, you’ll make a solid income.
Don’t waste your time just “thinking” the latest shiny guru product will work. Do your homework and make an educated choice. It’s going be your life and your business for a long time.
We would love to hear what your experience has been. Are you successful in the company you chose or did you need to change because you chose the wrong company or product?